Req Id: 406213
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Associate Producer, CTV News Channel
Location: Scarborough, ON (Agincourt)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hours: 40 hours per week, weekends & overtime as required
CTV News Channel is looking for a dynamic, experienced Associate Producer who is excited about delivering the news in a fast-paced, multi-platform news environment, and thrives in a breaking news situation. As Canada's 24-hour news channel, CTV News Channel is leading the charge in delivering breaking news and informing Canadians about what matters to them.
Identifying news stories, generating enterprise news content, knowing how to element broadcast stories, lining up, producing live television coverage, writing quickly and accurately are essential to the position, as is strong news judgement and the highest journalistic standards.
- Identify, build, element and execute the LIVE on-air output of CTV News Channel during specified periods of the broadcast day
- Generate original story ideas for execution
- Determine the daily editorial direction and execution of coverage
- Collaborate with & assign editorial team members to define & execute content & coverage
- Ensure CTV News Channel is delivering the latest developments in major news stories while covering breaking news quickly & accurately
- Writing to include but not exclusive to story intros, voice overs, and promos
- Vet scripts, video, audio, & banners
- Ensure accuracy, consistency & adherence to CTV News standards of all material
- Responsible for taking LIVE events to air & future planning for major events
- Monitor wires, social media, e-mail & all other outlets for news updates or story ideas
- Participate in news editorial meetings
- Keep on top of news broadcasting trends on all platforms
- Degree/Diploma in Broadcast Journalism
- Experience as a live control room producer
- Experience in managing news coverage
- Experience in developing & structuring news coverage
- Experience in vetting scripts
- Superior news judgement & broadcast writing skills as well as knowledge of digital writing
- Excellent knowledge of news & current affairs, domestically & internationally
- Must have excellent command of the English language
- Excellent decision-making & organizational skills, ability to prioritize, multi-task & meet strict deadlines while maintaining strong editorial judgement & creativity
- Excellent communication skills – oral & written
- Ability to lead a team, motivate staff & personally set the highest professional standards
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 11/30/2022
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.