Req Id: 401633
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
The Finance System Support team works with various groups within the Finance department to deliver timely and accurate financial results of Bell Canada.
We are looking for a highly motivated, disciplined, and collaborative individual to join our support team as a Manager to support the Finance community of Bell Canada and its subsidiaries by providing SAP BW expertise to increase user knowledge and enable proficiency in using the system effectively and efficiently, as well as to work on various projects within the BW environment. By actively listening to our clients the candidate will be able to identify improvement opportunities and simplify their BW working environment.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Financial System Support, and will be a key person for the ongoing support and projects in the BW environment. The position will work closely with Information Technology (IT) team as well as the financial user community.
Duties and responsibilities:
The main responsibilities include:
- Maintain user access & perform periodic access reviews.
- Provide day-to-day support, training and education to BW users while up-keeping documentation
- Assist with investigations, reporting, issue resolution, escalations and expedite as required
- Partner with IT and CGI to deliver BW enhancements and upgrades or other projects impacting BW
- Testing related to projects, or environment changes like windows patches and software upgrades
- Daily and monthly data Validations during month-end
- Proactively identify ways to extend the use of BW with our finance user community.
- Contribute to the development of standards and policies in the use and maintenance of the system.
- Become system expert in various BW components that will be migrated/upgraded in projects over the next several years (BASE, BEX, BW/4HANA)
- University degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Finance or IT
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Great communication skills and desire to share best practices
- Can work effectively and take a proactive role with minimal supervision.
- Experience with providing support to end-users.
- Knowledge of the SAP ECC, BW and BPC environments
- Finance environment background
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Verdun || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 11/27/2022
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada, QC, Verdun
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.