The Distribution Manager at AC Covert in Dartmouth, NS will be responsible for the operations, strategic development and building and promoting operational excellence. It also includes the management and oversight of personnel, facility assets and cost management. This role reports to the Director of Distribution North America.
Core responsibilities will include
- Oversee all levels of staff and performance, including talent management, hiring and on-boarding, employee growth, and succession planning,
- Direct business processes to ensure effective sales, inventory and financial metric management,
- Enhance and promote process improvement to increase production and boost performance,
- Have direct responsibility of management of people, process and organizational structure, including skill development and succession building,
- Maintain sufficient inventory levels to meet existing and potential demand for product,
- Familiarize his/herself with the facilities budgets and financial performance,
- Evaluate all expenditures to ensure the operation maintains all controllable expenses within monthly and annual budget guidelines,
- Promote and identify process improvements, efficiencies and excellence.
- Minimum of 5 years in managing Distribution and/or Warehouse facilities in food or similar industries,
- Proven people skills that allow you to develop your team and ensure that employee motivation and productivity are aligned for the development and growth of both the team and the operation.
- Knowledge of technology, administration and HR practices.
- Experience in food service, seafood, people management, financial and budget management
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but stretch to your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of one of the fastest growing Atlantic Canadian based companies and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke...simple because we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received.
If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.