Req Id: 405949
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Bell Business Markets team enables the digital transformation of businesses and governments nationwide through solutions in areas including Internet and private networks, voice and unified communications, contact centre, security, Internet of Things, data centre and cloud. We're proud to be Canada's leading provider of broadband network and communication services for businesses and governments.
The Senior Product Manager/ Team Lead, IoT Vertical Solutions is accountable for the development and execution of the Product Strategy for end-to-end solutions in target industry verticals, within the Advanced Products and Services organization in Bell Business Markets.
The position provides team and thought leadership across the product lifecycle in Vertical Solutions, integrating multiple product categories (including but not limited to IoT, 5G, MEC, Cloud, Private Mobile Networks and Analytics), to solve business problems on specific industry verticals, creating the best possible customer experience and a sustainable competitive advantage for BBM.
The position interfaces with various internal and external parties for the development of the end-to-end IoT Vertical Solutions (technology, operation, delivery, support)
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
- Define and execute the product strategy for IoT Vertical Solutions, leading the assessment of product development opportunities and working with selected customers to Co-Create solutions, using Design Thinking methodology.
- Define and develop the product unique business value proposition for select verticals, as well as the channel and partners ecosystem strategy.
- Define product functional requirements and pricing strategy for the Vertical Solutions portfolio
- Identify and recommend alternative business models and Take To Market options
- Evaluate the competitive landscape and recommend strategies to develop a sustainable competitive advantage for BBM.
- Keep track of the industry, to identify trends, opportunities and potential partners to develop new business models, establish commercial relationships to nurture the ecosystem, and M&As to support inorganic growth
- Support Marketing in primary research activities on industry verticals, to validate the business opportunity for IoT Vertical Solutions
- Support the Incubation and Product development teams through an agile delivery process, to ensure the Vertical Solutions portfolio meets or exceeds the market requirements, as well as the target time to market.
- Keep track of the P&L, revenue, margins and competitive pricing of the portfolio in the market
- Collaborate with Product Managers in the horizontal portfolios to establish and maintain the Vertical Solutions roadmap
- Support Marketing in the creation of sales enablement and take to market programs, ensuring a compelling product positioning messaging that clearly identifies BBM's unique business value and competitive advantages.
- Act as the Voice of the Customer, to ensure the Vertical Solutions portfolio delivers the best possible customer experience in the market.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team encompassing Sales, NTS, Operations, Delivery, Project Management, 3rd Party Vendors and other subject matter experts as required, to design innovative solutions, leveraging a common architecture to deliver the best possible customer experience.
- Provide material for customer presentations specific to Deals (e.g. white boarding/design sessions), for technical and non-technical audiences (including customer C-level)
- Participate in knowledge transfer, information and documentation sharing
- Participate and contribute to the evaluation and selection of partners for software and hardware products.
- Assist in the definition of Prototypes and Proof of Concepts, working closely with the Advanced Products and Services Incubation Team.
The Senior Product Manager/ Team Lead, IoT Vertical Solutions must possess a multi-disciplinary set of skills and competencies encompassing:
- 10+ years of work experience in the IT/Info Telecom industry, with a strong background in product development and/or product management, ideally in Software-as-a-Service companies
- 5+ years of Product Management experience in SaaS, IoT, M2M, Cloud and/or Analytics solutions
- 3 to 5 years leading a Product Management team
- Business financials skills and experience (3+ years) in developing business cases for SaaS solutions
- Customer mindset and proven ability to be the customer voice in the product definition stages, to gather user requirements and solve them with innovative solutions.
- Successful track record in launching innovative products, with strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with SAFe/Agile development environments
- Experience in the application of Design Thinking methodology, to find innovative ways of resolving business problems.
- Ability to synthesize, organize and prioritize large amounts of information; ability to translate a customer's business and technology needs into a solid, compliant solution
- Risk management and technical project review experience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to present complex information to a variety of audiences. Excellent writing skills to present complex concepts in a clear and concise manner. (English or French - Quebec market - or both).
- Negotiation and problem solving skills to work with multiple stakeholders and resolve conflicting priorities, and ensure successful delivery of the solutions.
- Analytical skills to identify gaps and deficiencies in the development of the solutions.
- Excellent fluency with technical concepts to translate technology initiatives into business goals
- Knowledge of the IT/Info-Telecom industry, as well as Cloud Service Providers/Hypersalers, specifically in at least one of the following fields:
- Modern SW stacks, eg Docker, Kubernetes, NiFi, Kafka, Flume etc.
- Infrastructure services, eg RBAC, IAM, UI frameworks,
- Cloud offerings and ability to discuss cloud architectures;
- Private Mobile Network
#talent #tech #indeed #LI-JW1 #LI-Hybrid???????
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton || Canada : Newfoundland : St. John's || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 12/02/2022
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.