Hermitage Processing Inc., a division of Cooke Aquaculture Inc., a dynamic and growing east coast family company with Platinum Member status in the Canada's Best Managed Companies Program has opportunities for highly motivated individuals to join the Company's Processing Team based out of our facility located in Hermitage, Newfoundland.
Cooke is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, and South America. Our company's success is driven by our dynamic, highly-skilled and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area's economy and sense of community.
As a Fish Processing Plant Worker, your duties include but are not limited to:
- Cutting, cleaning, trimming, filleting and scaling fish.
- Checking fish fillets to determine optimal number and size of fillet sections.
- Setting up and operating machines to clean, cut, process and package fresh fish products in accordance with our operating procedures for safety and quality.
- Check products and packaging for quality assurance and to ensure conformance to company's standards, making adjustments as needed.
- Inspecting product to ensure quality standards are met.
- Box or otherwise package fish for shipping.
- Maintaining a clean work area.
*This position requires standing for long periods of time and using hand tools including knives and pliers.
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but reach your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of the fastest growing company in Atlantic Canada and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke? Simple - because we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.
We appreciate all resumes; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.