As the ERP Accounting stream lead, you will be representing the accounting team on many phases of the D365 implementation, to ensure that accounting requirements are met and the project team is supported. This is a wonderful opportunity to grow your experience working on a software implementation.
This role will be based in our Saint John, NB office, with travel to Blacks Harbour and other company locations as required.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Representing the accounting team through a multi-phase roll out of D365 implementations for multiple companies within Cooke.
- Facilitating working sessions with the accounting team to understand business requirements, document & validate functional requirements.
- Analyzing gaps in functional requirements to system capabilities. Working with consultants and the Cooke IT team to propose appropriate workarounds.
- Managing and escalation of issues to the Accounting and project team.
- Completing project status updates on a weekly / as required basis.
- Managing the team through multiple testing phases, and ensuring that any issues are identified, communicated, and resolved.
- Creating training materials & delivering sessions to new users.
- Leading go-live activities - supporting the accounting team as required to complete daily/month-end tasks.
- Contributing to the change management plan.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Project accounting experience, ideally as a functional lead on an ERP implementation.
- University Degree in Business/Finance 5-10 years plus of experience in a senior Accounting/Finance role
- Professional Accounting Designation preferred
- Excellent communication skills, initiative and ability to learn
- Manufacturing, agriculture, aquaculture, and food processing experience considered an asset
- Ability to travel outside of Canada
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but stretch to your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of the fastest growing company in Atlantic Canada and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke? Simple - because we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness, and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.