Cooke Aquaculture Inc., a dynamic and growing east coast family company , with Platinum Member status in the Canada's Best Managed Companies Program, is adding to our Maintenance Team in Grand Manan, NB.
Cooke is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, and South America. Our company's success is driven by our dynamic, highly-skilled and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area's economy and sense of community.
As a result of continued robust growth, we are seeking a result orientated, energetic individual to join our Maintenance Team in Grand Manan, NB.
As a member of the Corporate Maintenance Team, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the buildings and property of Cooke Aquaculture Inc., including general and emergency maintenance and repairs
- Repairs to building systems and structures, appliances, and building fixtures
- C arpentry, painting and drywall
- Minor plumbing tasks
- Performing and maintaining record keeping in relation to maintenance duties including work orders, material requisitions, and inspection forms
- Operating motor vehicles, motorized equipment and power tools
A successful candidate will:
- Have experience in building maintenance, such as carpentry, painting, plumbing or electrical
- Possess exceptional communication and problem-solving skills
- Be able to take direction, and make informed decisions in an emergency, as well as daily
- Work outside, lifting and moving heavy objects as well as the ability to stand for long periods, bend, lift and reach are requirements of this position
* Salary commensurate with experience and competitive benefit package available.
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but stretch to your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of the fastest growing company in Atlantic Canada and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke? Simple - we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career and your future.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.