To help in our planned growth, we are pro-actively recruiting for a Quality Assurance Test Lead for upcoming full-time and contract opportunities to support our clients. The Quality Assurance Lead will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
You want to work on market-leading products and deliver great quality work. You love digging into the details of systems and code to figure out the best way to solve problems – and have a keen interest in software quality. You are an expert in the latest tools and technology, and you have lead automation test – you are always looking for ways to improve how work gets done, for yourself and the rest of the team
- Implementation and evolution of an automated test framework to ensure coverage and confidence of the functionality and stability of the software solution. (Selenium, Appium or equivalent)
- Experience in integrating with automated tools to expand device, browser, OS test coverage.
- Research advances in testing tools and techniques, recommend and introduce process changes as appropriate.
- Develop the Test Strategy, Master Test Plan, and review with all project stakeholders.
- Participate in project scheduling, estimating, escalating project risks and reporting on deviations from schedule.
- Provide weekly status reports to the development PM and project stakeholders.
- Manage, communicate, and mitigate QA risks to ensure testing says on track.
- Create and maintain QA strategy documents for all product releases. Review the QA strategy document content with project stake holder and obtain agreement and sign off.
- Ensure the product release QA strategy is followed. Escalate issues that are outside the control of the QA Team Lead to the development PM and project stakeholders.
- Responsible for personal skills development and self-study in new tools and techniques in IT industry.
- Responsible for overall quality of all QA Team deliverables.
- Mentor and coach team members to grow the automated testing of the client's product suite.
- A University degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related discipline or certification in Information Technology from a recognized community college. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 6+ years of experience as a QA.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English.
- Is able to handle multiple tasks with a high degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Hands on experience with integration of automated test frameworks to test APIs and mobile applications. (Andriod and IOS) is an asset.
- Completion of a Quality Assurance certificate program or a Quality Assurance certification is an asset; e.g.: ISTQB.
Work With Us
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!