GEMTEC is a growing firm and we are continually looking for motivated and skilled individuals to join our team. We have created a challenging and inviting workplace, where individuals are provided the opportunity to gain a variety of experience and advance their careers. GEMTEC management understands that creative, talented employees are assets, and that investing in employee development is an investment in our firm. We strive to have employees that are multi-faceted and versatile with a variety of skills.
GEMTEC Consulting is seeking seasonal unexploded ordinance (UXO) Technicians/Technician Supervisors at various work sites across Canada.
- The UXOT acts as a search team member; reconnoiters, classifies, and identifies all UXO and military munitions by type, physical characteristics and condition; excavates subsurface UXO; moves and transports explosive materials and UXO that have been determined safe for transport over authorized routes when required; prepares firing systems, both electric and non-electric, for destruction operations; operates personnel decontamination stations; assists in inspecting material that potentially presents an explosive hazard; properly stores explosive materials per applicable guidance; and escorts personnel who are not directly involved in UXO related operations but have activities to perform within exclusion areas.
- The UXOTS provides supervision to UXO Technicians' (UXOT). They assist in preparing risk and hazards analyses, ensuring proper storage of explosive materials per applicable guidance, perform field collection procedures to identify contaminated soil, operate modes of transportation for transporting UXO, for which the risk of movement has been determined acceptable, act as a search team leader during clearance operations, and perform technical supervision of UXOTs.
- Retired CAF members of one of the following trades: Ammo Tech, Combat Engineer, Clearance Diver, or Air Weapon Tech, with EOD training (HA qualified) or;
- Graduate of a formal (University, College, or Institute) UXO training course.
- Seasonal/Contract - approx. 40 hours a week
- Per diems and travel allowance when applicable
Interested individuals should apply online: https://gemtec.bamboohr.com/careers/55
Thank you for taking the time to consider GEMTEC. Only candidates proceeding to the next phase of the application process will be contacted at this time. We encourage you to connect with us on LinkedIn, even if this opportunity isn't for you, the next one might be!
Should you be selected for an interview and require accommodation of any kind, please kindly help us understand how we can help.