Steele Hotels Limited is seeking a Director of Finance for their office in St. John's, NL. This is a permanent opportunity. Reporting to the Vice-President/CFO, you will be an essential member of the senior management team in our expanding organization.
Director of Finance
Reporting to the Vice President/CFO, you will work closely with the financial controllers of our organization. This position has several interesting aspects, including a significant degree of autonomy as well as a work environment conducive to development.
Description of tasks:
- Hire, supervise, train, coach and manage Division Controllers.
- Plan, organize, review and ensure the timely preparation of annual budgets.
- Ensure the accurate and timely production of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Manage the year-end process with controllers and be the main liaison for the organization with the external audit firm.
- Ensure month and year-end files are prepared on time and review controllers' work.
- Prepare high-level executive reports to present the financial situation to executives.
- Review and improve standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate reporting and accounting controls in all aspects of the organization.
- Control costs and implement strict control systems over purchasing, AP, AR, credit, sales cycle and inventory processes and procedures.
- Maintain and optimize the software systems used in the accounting function.
- Bachelor's degree in administration and/or
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting:
- Chartered Professional (CPA) and/or
- Chartered Accountant (CA) - and/or
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) - and/or
- Certified General Accountant (CGA) -
Years of experience required:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in hotel accounting is essential
- Strong Microsoft Excel and related computer skills required (Office Suite)
- Accounting software
- Must be system oriented, organized and methodical in approach to accounting
- Must have solid leadership skills to train and mentor a strong accounting team
- Maximizes communication channels
- Knowledge of the hotel environment
- Good emotional intelligence
- Planning and organizational skills to achieve the targeted objectives
- Company matched RRSP Program
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Other company benefits