The Forest Fire Management Branch of the Department of Natural Resources and Energy Development is in search of someone to act as both the branch administrative assistant and the main air tanker dispatcher during the summers. If you are someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, this is the job for you!
This position is a 1 year term with the possibility of an extension.
SALARY: $38,272 to $46,410 per annum
Year-round, the successful candidate would be responsible for general administrative work, including:
1) Processing and submitting various financial documents
2) Ordering various supplies
3) Maintaining different departmental documents
During the Forest Fire Season (3rd Monday in April to October 31st), the successful candidate will be responsible for:
1) Dispatching aircrafts to active fires
2) Maintaining a log of long-term fire retardant and foam levels within the province
3) Reviewing flight reports
4) Data entry
5) Communicating with Air Attack Officers over the radio
6) Creating monthly expense journals for air attack.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One-year related post-secondary diploma
- Bilingual (written and spoken) - English and French
Due to the nature of the work, the candidate should be comfortable and capable using various office technology, software and applications, including Microsoft Office.
For this position, you must be willing to work overtime during high fire hazard and extreme fire activity, as well as to occasionally travel within the Province (as required).