Are you an experienced paralegal or legal administrative professional looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Do you excel in providing exceptional client service while working in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment in which you learn everyday?
Out Corporate Services team is seeking a Corporate Paralegal to join our firm in a full-time permanent position. As part of the Corporate Services team, you will provide support to our Charlottetown office. Our new team member may be located in any of our office locations (Halifax, Sydney, St. John's, Fredericton, Moncton, Saint John and Charlottetown). We are also open to experienced candidates who live within Atlantic Canada and are able to work remotely.
As a Corporate Paralegal, you will be responsible for:
- The preparation of documentation and attending to annual renewals and filings related to a range of corporate transactions including, but not limited to, incorporations, amalgamations, continuances, dissolutions, reorganizations, name changes, director changes, registered office changes, business name registrations and renewals, extra-provincial registrations and other transactions as required related to both provincial and federal companies;
- Assisting in the preparation of closing documents, transaction record books and reporting;
- Profile and maintain minute books, including cataloguing and inputting of data;
- Maintain our corporate database according to standard procedures;
- Act as a liaison between the firm and clients;
- Being creative, sharing ideas, learning from others and sharing your skills and knowledge; and,
- Challenging yourself and your team every day; and having fun while doing so!
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- The ideal candidate will have a Paralegal or Legal Administration diploma or other related education;
- Previous experience as a Legal Administrative Professional or Paralegal within the corporate field is required;
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office and legal billing systems;
- Exceptional communication skills, a special focus on client service and the highest degree of professionalism; and,
- Experience with Emergent, corporate databases and knowledge management software and government websites would be an asset.
Work With Us
Our team members have access to:
- Defined-benefit pension plan;
- Firm-paid health and dental benefits;
- Health spending account;
- Personal spending account;
- Time for you:
- Including vacation, personal and sick days.
- Balancing life:
- Work from home / Flex work options available for many team members.
- Our Team - we can't say enough about our people! You will be part of a collaborative, collegial, respectful and caring team; and,
- Participating in a variety of teams including our Corporate Social Responsibility, Wellness, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and so many more.
McInnes Cooper is committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive, representative of the communities in which we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, women in underrepresented roles and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. Applicants from these equity groups may self-identify through our on-line application process.
As part of the recruitment process, MC will provide accommodation(s) to candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation(s) to participate in the recruitment process with us, please contact Amanda Walker at [email protected] or 902.455.8153.