Mariner is actively recruiting for a Senior Project Manager with Healthcare experience to be a key leader in our IT Professional Services teams. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based programs/projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Plan, lead, coordinate, and oversee the implementation of complex client-based projects and deliverables.
- Identify program/project milestones, critical success factors, and resource requirements.
- Ensure that risks are proactively identified with mitigation strategies developed and monitored while also ensuring that project issues are resolved and appropriately escalated; maintain data related to key risks and issues including the status and progress.
- Engage project stakeholders regularly by keeping them informed of delivery progress, risks and issues and manage expectations on deliverables.
- Lead initiatives involving a significant level of business or technology transformation and organizational change.
- Collaborate efficiently with partners and vendors to deliver projects according to plan.
- Manage budgets and align project deliverables to expected business benefits.
- Negotiate changes in scope, budget or schedule with sponsor and steering committees.
- Analyze, problem solve, and research project elements as required.
- Provide proactive leadership and direction to Project Management and Delivery teams.
- Prepare and Chair project milestone meetings and status meetings. Report project status on a weekly basis or as requested by management
- Specialization in leading major healthcare projects
- Participate in and ensure project estimates are complete and valid for the required phase of the project
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Coordinate project timelines and deliverables with 3rd party vendors
- Plan for and mitigate project risks, and prioritize tasks
- Shield project team from distractions
- Mediate and / or help resolve problems encountered by team members; managers project issues with input on priority from the product owner / customer
- Controls scope creep and manages change requests related to project scope
- Manage project budget
- Prepare estimates for Change Requests
- Promotes good working relationships
- Monitors the quality of the team's deliverables
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects.
- Works closely with the other Project Managers regarding project overlap
- Involved in contract negotiations with external vendors
Responsible for all upward, lateral, and downward communication on any project related matter
Work With Us
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!