COMPETITION #: 2022-62654 External
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
DEPARTMENT: MHFR Integrated Services
FACILITY: Fredericton Mental Health Services
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: Social Work Child and Youth Northside Team
CLASSIFICATION: Social Worker 1 (SW01)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day, TEMP: August 22, 2022 to October 27, 2023, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $ 30.9310 to $42.0606 per hour (Subject to Employment Status may be paid at 13% benefit premium as per SHCP collective agreement article 57.02(a))
The Social Worker - Addictions and Mental Health, is responsible for working within an interdisciplinary team to provide a full range of social work services to clients, their families, and communities
- University degree in Social Work.
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers.
- Experience would be an asset.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required .
The Social Worker - Addictions and Mental Health is responsible for:
- Assessing clients and developing and implementing treatment plans
- Developing and facilitating therapeutic interventions for individuals and groups
- Coordinating services and advocating for clients
- Providing emergency/crises intervention/stabilization services
- Participating in interdisciplinary care planning
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Building relationships with critical stakeholders in government and the community
- Responding to community needs (including schools and other populations/groups) and participating in capacity building initiatives
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Group Facilitation
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by August 17 , 2022
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2022-62654 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.