BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Accounts Receivable
CLASSIFICATION: Accounting Clerk (1024)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED DATE: August 2022
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Reporting to the Regional Manager of Accounts Receivable, the successful candidate will be responsible for billing patients for services delivered and for collecting and reconciling accounts. The successful candidate will perform all other related duties based on the needs of the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Secondary school diploma plus an additional program in administrative management or support from six months to one year in length that includes accounting courses or equivalent;
- Basic accounting knowledge;
- Ability to use and work with computer tools and office software (Meditech, Windows, Word, Excel);
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to function in a changing work environment;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network's management philosophy and organizational values;
- Adherence to the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.