NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Medical Archives
CLASSIFICATION: Health Information Professional-2 (HP02)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 hour shift - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the authority of the Manager of Reception, Admitting and Health Records, the incumbent will perform at an advanced level all technical duties related to managing, coding, processing, accessing and protecting the information contained in health records.
- Successful completion of the national accreditation examination of the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA) / valid CHIMA certificate and member in good standing of CHIMA;
- Successful completion of a health information management program recognized by the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA);
- Computer skills, especially with the Meditech system, Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel) and 3M;
- Knowledge of the legislation and regulations governing the disclosure of information;
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, pharmacology and medical and surgical procedures;
- Ability to set priorities and good organizational skills;
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills;
- Availability to travel within Vitalité Health Network's territory in the designated zone;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, Vitalité Health Network's management philosophy and organizational values;
- Adherence to Vitalité Health Network's confidentiality rules.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.