NOTE: This notice is for individuals to express interest in the *Pharmacy Technician Training Program* .Interested individuals must include a letter of interest and their resumé with their application.
ZONE: Vitalité Health Network
FACILITY: All Vitalité Health Network facilities
ANTICIPATED START DATE OF TRAINING : Fall 2022
As part of a targeted recruitment strategy, we are pleased to announce that for the year 2022-2023, we will be providing a certain number of candidates with financial support. These candidates will have the cost covered for their training leading to a Pharmacy Technician diploma and receive a $10,000 bursary paid equally between the two semesters. Since the employer is committed to paying most of the training program costs, this offer is particularly attractive to people who are seeking career advancement as well as new knowledge and competencies in the health care field. Candidates will be selected based on the Network's needs and the profile sought.
The main responsibility of the pharmacy technician is acquiring, preparing, and distributing medications and pharmaceutical products. Responsible for checking the accuracy of medication preparation by others and interacting with patients to gather medication-related information and provide instructions.
- Canadian secondary school diploma or equivalent;
- Enrollment in an accredited pharmacy technician program;
- Ability, discipline, and commitment needed to take the training program;
- Return-of-service commitment to be required by the Network after the training is completed;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.