MANAGER, TRUST & TREASURY SERVICES
TRUST & TREASURY
Employment Opportunity #091-22.23
The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Manager, Trust & Treasury Services with Trust & Treasury. This is a continuing, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the APT employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $59,565 - $77,433 per annum (a market differential may apply).
Reporting to the University Treasurer, the Manager, Trust & Treasury Services has general responsibility for a broad range of Trust & Treasury related services. The main functional areas include Banking and Treasury services, Accounting and Administration of Trust & Endowment accounts and continuous process improvement. The Manager, Trust & Treasury Services, oversees two (2) Treasury Assistant positions.
UNB is proud to support a flexible hybrid approach for various positions on campus. This position will be eligible for the option of a hybrid approach. This will include a combination of remote and in-office work location.
With respect to Banking & Treasury Services:
- Responsible for day-to-day cash management and delivery of banking services.
- Liaise with university's banking partners and other financial service providers to ensure effective, efficient delivery of banking services and payment processes.
- Work with Student Accounts and Receivable and Accounts Payable and Disbursement on developing procedures and processes related to deposits, disbursement, and cash management.
- Review all monthly university bank reconciliations.
- Test Point of Sale and e-commerce system integration with university payment processor.
With respect to accounting and administration of University Trust & Endowment Funds:
- Attend Board Investments Committee meetings, draft minutes, and provide support to members as required.
- Develop, implement, communicate, and monitor policies and procedures applicable to the administration and accounting for trust funds.
- Advise University departments concerning the availability of funds and the nature of restrictions on the use of funds.
- Ensure that disbursements from trust accounts is in accordance with gift agreements.
- Work with Development and Donor Relations on trust account related issues including trust fund, reporting, and process development.
- Responsible for accounting for trust fund and investment transactions.
- Prepare statements, reconciliations, and schedules related to trust funds to support the preparation of the University's year-end financial statements.
- Prepare and submit responses to several annual surveys administered by external agencies and organizations regarding pension and endowment investment and spending policies.
- University degree, preferably in business or commerce. Chartered Professional Accountant designation required. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in a highly computerized accounting environment.
- Experience with fund accounting preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Colleague ERP system and/or Entrinsik Informer Reporting software would be an asset.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to co-ordinate multiple projects.
Closing date for applications is August 2, 2022 4:00PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.