Title: Client Service Support Clerk
Employee Working Location: Office/In-person (Terrace - Northwestern, BC)
Employment status: Permanent - Part-Time
Salary band: $19.44 - $24.30per hour
The CRC also offers:
- Vacation, paid holidays, life and mental health wellness days
- Benefits and Advantages Health, Dental & Vision, 100% employer paid
- Registered Pension Plan with Employer contribution
- Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees that include: professional counseling and online wellbeing resources, support for family, financial, career and legal issues and more
- Access to e-learning platforms
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) - one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada's Best Employers 2024 is seeking a Client Service Support Clerk to join our Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP)
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will work will work with other team members and volunteers to provide high-quality service to Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP) clients. The Client Service Clerk assists in promoting the service to the public.
As a Client Service Support Clerk you will:
- Support Client Service, Volunteer Management and Program Administration.
- Support short term loan program by providing customer service as needed when volunteer shortages exist within the geographic area.
- Responsible for receiving, processing, and tracking client service requests, meeting Red Cross standards for timeliness and quality.
- Receive and responds to inquiries regarding service provision; and program-specific and generic inquiries from clients, health professionals, and the general public
- Ensure HELP Client Service volunteers are effectively trained, recognized, and supervised.
- Coach and monitor Lead Client Service volunteers in their role as volunteer supervisors.
- Oversee the administration of volunteer records including training records.
- Compile and provide program statistics as required and contribute to a healthy and safe working environment.
What we are looking for:
- Completion of a 2-year post-secondary diploma in a related field, and a minimum of two (2) years experience in volunteer management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Client service experience.
- Knowledge and experience working in health programs.
- Experience in working with a diverse population and an understanding of cultural issues.
- Proficiency on Microsoft Office Suite; experience with databases and multi-line telephones are an asset.
- Experience working with volunteers is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability, and flexibility to manage multiple priorities.
- Office environment.
- Work Days - Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (21 hours per week)
- E ligibility to work in Canada : At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible - those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
$19.44 - $24.30 per hour