NOTE: This notice is for individuals to express interest in the Patient Care Attendant Training Program. Interested individuals must include a letter of interest and their resumé with their application.
ZONE: Vitalité Health Network
FACILITY: All Vitalité Health Network facilities
ANTICIPATED START DATE OF TRAINING : Fall 2022
Vitalité Health Network is implementing a collaborative care model that will require adding new patient care attendants (classification 3025) to our existing teams. As part of a targeted recruitment strategy, we are pleased to announce that for the year 2022–2023, we will be providing a certain number of candidates with financial support. These candidates will have the costs covered for their training leading to a Nursing Support Service diploma and receive a bursary. Since the employer is committed to paying most of the training program costs, this offer is particularly attractive to employees who are seeking career advancement as well as new knowledge and competencies in the health care field. If interest is high, candidates will be selected based on the Network's needs and the profile sought.
The main responsibility of the patient care attendant is to work closely with nurses and LPNs to meet patients' and families' needs. The work involves participating in patient care, ensuring patients are safe and comfortable, and helping patients perform various activities of daily living.
The selection criteria are as follows:
- Canadian secondary school diploma or equivalent;
- Ability, discipline and commitment needed to take the training program;
- Return-of-service commitment to be required by the Network after the training is completed;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network's management philosophy and organizational values;
- Adherence to Vitalité Health Network's confidentiality rules.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.