NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr.-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Pedopsychiatry - 3D
CLASSIFICATION: Human Services Counselor (3013)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK
12 hour day shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Develops and implements therapeutic programs and capitalizes on daily events to facilitate learning and change within therapeutic relationships. Applies theory and research on human growth and development to promote the optimal physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cognitive and affective development of youth so they have every chance of becoming adults living healthy and positive lives. Emphasizes the strengths and assets of youth rather than focusing on their pathologies. Intervenes with an approach that is sensitive to the trauma experienced, based on attachment theory and designed to meet the socio-affective needs of youth.
The person who works with youth plays an indispensable role. Their role consists of building and maintaining helping relationships with youth needing treatment in a specialized facility due to their complex mental health problems. Interventions must foster the socio-affective wellness of youth and promote change leading to improvements in the affective, social and behavioural components of their daily lives.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED);
- At least one year of postsecondary training in a social work program or social work course and specialization working with youth or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Training in the prevention and management of suicidal behaviours within a psychiatric facility or commitment to take such training;
- Training in nonviolent crisis intervention or commitment to take such training;
- Valid CPR certificate;
- Good judgement and organizational skills;
- Creativity to work with young people with complex needs;
- Ability to use various intervention techniques innovatively;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network's management philosophy and organizational values;
- Adherence to Vitalité Health Network's confidentiality rules.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.