Halifax, NS, Canada Req #1742
Friday, August 12, 2022
Eastlink is a family owned, entrepreneurial and innovative company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We take great pride in being a leader in delivering creative competitive, customer focused telecommunications solutions, and connecting our customers to the things and people that matter most. Serving a customer base across seven provinces, our advanced solutions include Internet, Mobile, TV, Telephone, Security and Automation, Data Communications and exclusive locally produced programming on Eastlink Community TV.
We embrace diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
As a key member of the Affiliate Services team, the Financial Analyst will mainly be responsible for the remittance and expense reporting related to content cost. Key functions of this position include preparation of monthly financial reports and variance analysis, preparation of forecasts and budgets, process improvement and general support to the Affiliate Services team as required. You will also act as a support function for the Third-Party Internet Access (TPIA) Carrier Services team to help with order fulfilment during peak times (on an as-needed basis). This position is considered to be a hybrid role and is required to work in the office in Halifax, NS a minimum of 8 days per month and the remainder of the time you can work in an at Home work environment
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree focused in Finance/Accounting
- Ability to complete detailed analysis while following established policies & procedures
- Fluency in spreadsheet applications; proficiency with Excel is required
- Must be driven to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task
- Effective problem solving skills including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
- Detail oriented; willing to dig into the details and ask probing questions
- Must be flexible and have a commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Desire for continuous learning; eager to understand other areas of the business (ie. operational aspects)
- Ability to express ideas clearly and understand the need for teamwork
- Participate in and support a positive work environment
Employees who work from home are occasionally required to attend in-person meetings in the workplace. To maintain the health and safety of our teams, the successful candidate must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 upon hire, subject to Federal Human rights law.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team "on the ground" not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Get your career started with us and stay with us, your journey begins here!
- Job Family Finance
- Job Function Individual Contributor
- Pay Type Salary