NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Campbellton Regional Hospital and CSCSJ
DEPARTMENT: Central Scheduling
CLASSIFICATION: Admission/Registration/Scheduling Clerk (1007)
STATUS: Temporaire full-time (approximativement 1 an)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will be responsible for taking calls from patients, doctors' offices and various sectors of the hospital. The incumbent must also schedule requested appointments based on the procedures in each sector and set the schedules for specialized clinics based on the referrals sent to the department and forward these to the physicians in question. The incumbent must advise the patients of certain clinics of the date and time of their appointments and review with them the instructions they are to follow before their test, the medications they must take or omit, etc. The incumbent will also be responsible for registering outpatients. It should be noted that the incumbent could also be asked to do shifts in another facility depending on the needs of the department
- High school diploma (grade 12) or general studies (G.E.D.) accompanied by a diploma in medical secretarial services or a post-secondary course (minimum one year) in secretarial services;
- Ability to do computer work and to input data accurately;
- Ability to complete the required medical terminology course as per set deadline;
- Ability to set priorities;
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with patients, visitors, etc.;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.