NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: To be determined
FACILITY: To be determined
DEPARTMENT: Digital Health
CLASSIFICATION: IT Specialist – Data Valuation
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: November 2022
HOURS OF WORK:
8-shifts - Monday to Friday
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Health, Innovation and Artificial Intelligence, the incumbent of this position will be responsible for the development and deployment of business intelligence solutions within Vitalité Health Network. The incumbent will ensure follow-up on development of the governance framework, policies and the framework for usage practices in compliance with the confidentiality and security rules. The IT specialist will work in collaboration with Service New Brunswick on the design, development, integration and evolution of data models. The IT specialist will act as a consultant in their field of specialty.
- University degree in computer science, in a related discipline or strong combination of education and experience;
- Five to seven years' experience in business intelligence or related fields;
- Certification in business intelligence preferred (e.g., Power BI);
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases;
- Knowledge of BI tool functions and architectures;
- Knowledge of standard BI and database tools, specifically Power BI, SSIS, SSAS and MS SQL;
- Understanding of source data, target data and ETL process structures;
- Understanding of scorecards, performance indicators, data exploration and predictive analysis (an asset);
- Understanding of Kimball methodology, concepts and data warehouse principles (an asset);
- Ability to translate organizational needs into technical solutions;
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Tolerance for ambiguity;
- Ability to work independently;
- Adaptable and able to mange several tasks at a time;
- Strong communication and writing skills in both official languages;
- Ability to lead and facilitate discussion and work groups;
- Proven ability to simplify and adapt the level of technical information for the intended audience;
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously;
- Solid skills in analyzing and researching creative and strategic solutions;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.