On behalf of our client - Smallwood Farms Inc., Jump Recruitment Specialists is currently looking for a Poultry Specialist to join their team on Roaches Line, Clarkes Beach. This position will be split between both the office and the farm itself.
Who We Are:
Smallwood Farms is a family-owned business that spans four generations. We are a significant contributor to the egg industry in Newfoundland with production reaching over 7 million eggs per month; we pride ourselves on supplying a healthy, local, quality, grade A product at a fair and reasonable price to all Newfoundlanders.
Who You Are:
As Poultry Specialist, you are a lover of animals. You are a very analytical individual and can identify patterns and isolate issues on a spreadsheet when needed. You have knowledge of egg production and nutrition with regards to a laying hen. You are a trustworthy, responsible, mature team player who has excellent organizational, communication, analytical, time management, and problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assisting in the well-being/health of the laying hens and ensuring their basic needs are met.
- Understanding and recognizing the nutritional needs of a laying hen
- Having the knowledge and confidence to be able to make decisions to affect change within the laying operation
- Perform daily checkups of the laying hens
- Assist with general maintenance of all poultry equipment
- Assist with egg collection
- Juggle both office and farm duties
- Recent graduate with technical / food industry background
- Skilled in Word, Excel, and Office
- Able to collaborate with a team but also able to work independently with minimum supervision
- A passion for livestock / animals
- Detailed oriented and well organized
- Competitive Salary
- Paid vacation
Sarah French at [email protected]
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.