We are passionate about helping building owners reduce energy use, increase the efficiency of building operations, and improve tenant comfort and experience. We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for product roadmaps, defining business requirements for new features and product enhancements, designing, planning, and prioritizing sprints, and being the voice of the customer across the company. You will be a coach and mentor to others in the organization on best practices to enable SHIFT to become an effective and efficient customer-driven organization.
As a key member of SHIFT team, you will use your Product Management experience to gain a deep understanding of the market needs and customer experiences to identify and address product gaps and generate new ideas that grow our market share and strengthen our value to our customers. And you will bring these ideas to market through a value-driven roadmap and iterative product releases.
You are a great communicator, mentor and execution artist who can work with peers across the organization to ideate, validate, design, develop and ship meaningful products to our current and future customers. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers. You will own your products from concept to delivery. The success of our products is in your hands.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated the ability to deliver quality products in a fast-paced environment. We expect you to be able to work and communicate across the organization at all levels. You must have experience working directly with customers, partners, engineers and engineering management.
About your role:
- Become the internal representative of the market and customer needs
- Work with senior executives to understand the strategy and objectives for your product, and build value-driven KPIs to guide your vision
- Own the roadmap for your product that supports the vision, develop a product backlog, and use your technical skills to make educated trade-offs with your teams to manage prioritization and planning.
- Work with designers to create customer-centric concepts and constantly validate them with external and internal customers
- Own the execution and prioritization of the roadmap, and work with the development team to deliver your roadmap to the market
- Integrate usability studies, user research, and market analysis into product requirements to ensure products satisfy customer needs.
- Keep a keen eye for competitive and technology trends and identify opportunities to beat market expectations.
- Build relationships and identify with stakeholders across the organization.
- Manage and cultivate vendor/partner relationships
- Proactively engage with customer community to understand their needs, validate their experience with our product and consistently challenge the strategy and roadmap to ensure the right market problems are solved
- Provide leadership and be the customer's voice to cross-functional and remote project teams, ensuring an on-time and quality product delivery to our customers.
- Prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment
- You have 7+ years' experience as a Product Manager for a B2B technology or software company with a passion for building and managing amazing products – ideally, you have experience in the clean energy sector
- You have a hustle ethic and know how to knock down barriers to get to your objective.
- You have a fantastic ability to understand the customer's challenges and can articulate a vision to solve them to make an impact.
- You are curious, hands-on, passionate, and collaborative.
- You have solved complex problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- Proven track record working with remote geographically dispersed teams.
- A pragmatic attitude that favours doing what works versus following the status quo.
- You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- You have success in delivering enterprise products in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Work With Us
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered in Saint John, New Brunswick, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond.