Looking to make a move? Advance you career and take advantage of all the perks that come with living in Atlantic Canada like reasonable real estate prices, and a comforting lifestyle.
To help in our planned growth, Mariner Innovations is actively recruiting for a Solution Architect for immediate needs and future opportunities to be a key leader in our IT Professional Services teams. In this role, you will be responsible for providing solution-level decisions and analysis of their impact on the overall business goals and outcomes. The Solution Architect will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Provide technical support and technical quality control throughout all stages of the product development.
- Responsible for understanding the customer environment, including the technical infrastructure, business and operations processes, and key business challenges/priorities.
- Develop and implement the solution, testing, and/or installation of products to the customer environment.
- Develop technical architectures, frameworks, and strategies to meet the business and application requirements.
- Provide architecture governance – review charters and design documents to ensure that projects are aligning with architecture and technical strategy and adhering to standards.
- Provide program and project support – provide technical status and risk assessment information to the Project Manager.
- Review application and program design or technical infrastructure design to recommend performance improvements.
- Define strategy for and produce technical documentation.
- Architectural and design experience with planning and implementation of enterprise systems.
- Experience in a team lead / project technical lead role.
- System integration experience.
- Service oriented architecture (SOA) experience.
- Knowledge of telecommunications systems.
- Proven written, oral and, listening communication skills with audiences varying from end users to IT management.
- Exposure to testing automation.
- Knowledge in application security.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Experience with waterfall and agile development methodologies.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement in making decisions and recommendations.
- Experience working on/prioritizing multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Team orientated focus with a proven capability to provide knowledge sharing and mentor ship in a multi-vendor environment.
- Experience with Oracle technologies (WebLogic Server, WebLogic Portal, OSB, databases) and development tools.
- Experience with IBM WebSphere technologies and development tools.
- Capabilities in the following technologies: Java, .NET, ClearCase, GitLab, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy, IBM BPM, Maven, UML, Web Services.
- Computer Science degree/diploma or equivalent work experience.
- TOGAF 9 Certification.
- Exposure to PMBoK methodology.
- Business analysis (BA) and business process management (BPM) experience.
- Exposure to Agile software development lifecycle methodology (RUP preferred).
- Experience in SAP and S4Hana are an asset
- Public Sector Experience is an asset
Work With Us
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!