To help in our planned growth, we are recruiting for a Business Systems Analyst for upcoming opportunities. The Business Systems Analyst will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team. In this role, you will be responsible to work closely with clients to ensure alignment and coordination of gathering business requirements and ensure the business requirements align and are met by the information technology requirements. As well, you will be required to document any new processes that will support the businesses in delivery of their program and services. You will foster and maintain close working relationships with various client stakeholders to ensure the business and information technology requirements align.
- Lead/participate in the development and presentation of business/value cases.
- Lead/participate in the development of business requirements to support business/value cases.
- Assist in the development and implementation of solutions to meet the strategic objectives and goals.
- Contribute perspective to project teams.
- Document workflow processes and use cases.
- Facilitate business requirements gathering sessions. Gather requirements and help build and document specifications for development.
- Document session results which include business processes, requirements and analysis gathering and design, etc.
- Work with Development, QA, and Production Support teams to communicate, verify, and test the desired functionality changes.
- Work with the clients to demonstrate the changes to the system to ensure all relevant business needs are addressed.
- Develop training materials and provide training in one-on-one or classroom environment.
- Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication.
- Recommend and institute BA best practice and methodology and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or similar disciplines is preferred but an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 7-10 years of industry relevant experience with progressive experience in software related projects, including testing and documentation.
- Must have knowledge and experience in the use of information and communications technologies.
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Experience in public sector/government is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in strategic planning and change management is an asset.
- Possess experience in stakeholder management and collaboration.
- CCBA (Certified Certificate in Business Analysts) or CBAP (Certified Business Analyst Professional) certification or equivalent is an asset.
- Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, and technical requirements.
- Strong consultative and advisory skills.
Work With Us
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!