We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our growing and dynamic Financial Management team. The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting the CFO and VP of Finance through the full cycle of the accounting function, and will provide accounting and financial support services to the Senior Management team.
This position can be remote, but preference will be placed on individuals located in Saint John, Fredericton, or Halifax.
- Reporting, Forecasting & Budgeting
- Prepare financial reports for Senior Management by collecting, formatting, analyzing, and explaining financial and operational information
- Support the business by ensuring management and teams are provided with sufficient data, models, analysis, insight and support for business plans, forecasts, and business initiatives to enable performance delivery and enhanced decision-making.
- Partner with business leaders on establishing annual budget and monthly forecast for divisional sales and expenses
- Develop reports and dashboards for key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts, identifying trends, and making recommendations for improvements
- Financial Management & Accounting
- Collect and analyze financial information to assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Reconcile accounts, determine accruals, and prepare adjusting entries as required
- Work with employees and project teams to provide ad hoc project analysis and reporting.
- Play a key role in developing new processes and implementing new systems to support continuous growth and change.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; attention to detail.
- Adaptable to changing priorities and strong multi-tasking skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel required
- Interest in process improvement and business systems design.
- Ability to work and thrive in a team-based environment.
- Experience working with senior management and a variety of stakeholders.
- Background or experience in Systems Development or Programming experience would be considered an asset.
Work With Us
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.