Req Id: 376141
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
The Financial Close Controller team is seeking a highly motivated Manager to be a part of the Controller organization's transformative journey towards becoming trusted and valued business partners delivering Financial Results in an entirely new way through best in class people, processes and innovation
- Supporting the transformation of the financial results close function through centralization and optimization
- Support and lead the financial results close process to ensure accurate, complete and timely results through:
- Partnership with various business unit stakeholders to understand the business
- Review and critical analysis of financial results
- Management of risks and provisions
- Support of various internal and external reporting
- Preparation, review and/or approval of month end transactional processes
- Support of control environment and audit requirements
- Lead and support various special projects
- Provide guidance on new transactions, projects, processes and accounting standards to assist the business achieve their results while maintaining strong governance and controls
- Identify areas of potential improvements in existing processes and/or assist in the implementation of changes that lead to increased efficiency and improved effectiveness of processes
- Identify gaps in information systems, data systems, and financial reporting tools and partner with appropriate teams to resolve
- Identify and leverage technology opportunities to recommend and implement process improvement initiatives, identifying areas of overlap and potential efficiency gains.
- Analysis and presentation of financial information to drive value-add decision-making
- Lead teams through day to day functional close accountabilities as well as unique team transformational responsibilities
- Leverage strong understanding of asset and lease (IFRS 16) accounting for support in various analyses with working knowledge of SAP AA and REFX
- Work closely with IT teams on system enhancements supporting capital assets and lease accounting
Critical qualifications / competencies:
- A Bachelor's degree in either accounting/finance, business/commerce and/or previous financial reporting experience
- CPA or related finance experience considered an asset
- 2-3 years in similar finance and / or accounting role
- Strong proficiency in MS applications including Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Working knowledge of SAP-BI, SAP-FI and associated accounting systems would be a valuable asset
- Experience in AI and Machine Learning would be a valuable asset
Leadership / People skills:
- Ability to support a culture of innovation - a personal interest in upskilling in latest digital and technology trends and an openness to learning new tools and ways for working
- Passion to understand operational business and its linkages to financial processes
- Attention to details, speed and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating an ability to make complex issues and processes simple and understandable
- Highly organized, with the ability to independently plan and execute on multiple priorities and demonstrate calmness and composure in times of uncertainty and stress.
- Ability to partner and build sound relationships to influence and engage with various cross-functional groups and management levels towards a common vision
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of issues and tasks by leading resolution ? Proven ability to work in a team, provide constructive coaching, and foster a positive and rewarding work environment for direct reports, including virtual teams
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 06/10/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.