Req Id: 376267
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Brand team works collaboratively with all business units to ensure brand consistency across Bell communications including digital experiences advertising and design. Brand also supports our sponsorship, web presence, social media and market insights teams.
The bell.ca team is responsible for the operation of Bell Canada's consumer website, bell.ca. Its mission is to develop and manage an outstanding online experience for new and existing customers that showcases Bell's brand and allows users to research and purchase products and services, and manage their relationship with Bell simply and easily.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Site Production and Creative Services, the successful candidate will perform a multitude of site production-related tasks.
- Execute content changes to the bell.ca website including modifying text, adding links, updating images and banners, maintaining product and services listed in an online catalogue
- Perform quality assurance testing on bell.ca pages, ensuring information is accurate and that the customer's task can be completed as required
- Work with clients to implement content changes and, where necessary, suggest best practices
- Assist with photo and graphic management, including archiving
- Web graphic modifications such as resizing images
Preferred Qualifications/Competencies :
- University degree or college diploma
- Demonstrated aptitude for creating and/or updating online sites
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills in dealing with cross-functional groups
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in a fast changing environment
- Being a strong team player and very results-oriented
- Good working knowledge of integrating Mobility products and services online
- Ability to execute business requests under tight deadlines
- Positive attitude in performing day-to-day tasks as requested by clients
- Being a self-starter with ability to multi-task and to handle competing priorities
- Technical skills (computer science, .NET, J2EE-related technologies) an asset
- Strong knowledge of HTML and basic coding practices
- Knowledge of workflow-based content management systems with templated pages
- General knowledge of graphics software such as Photoshop
- Knowledge of typical of website editing software (e.g. Brackets, Notepad ++, and Sublime)
- Familiarity with mobile design, Bootstrap, and general usability standards
- Knowledge of Adobe Targeting or website personalization an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 06/24/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.