Req Id: 376176
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Legal and Regulatory teams advance and help develop Bell’s corporate, legal and regulatory strategies by providing strategic advice and legal counsel, protecting Bell’s interests, and liaising with regulatory and government agencies.
Regulatory Affairs is a small, dynamic group of business, legal and policy professionals working on a wide variety of issues of high importance to BCE's operations. It supports the company's business objectives by developing and communicating Bell's positions, requirements and other information to government departments and regulatory agencies, particularly the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC), the Department of Canadian Heritage and the Department of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (together, the "Regulatory Bodies"). Regulatory Affairs also ensures that the Company complies with all regulations by providing advice and guidance to BCE's business units. Regulatory Affairs participates in a wide range of initiatives dealing with the company's broadcasting services as well its wireless, Internet and traditional telephone lines of business, and works closely with marketing, operations, government relations and communications groups on public policy issues.
- Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, the successful candidate will:
- Prepare and/or coordinate written submissions to Regulatory Bodies on broadcasting issues
- Provide guidance to BCE's business units on regulatory issues, particularly those applicable to Bell Media and Bell TV
- Conduct research and analyses on broadcasting issues to assess their regulatory and business implications
- Monitor compliance with broadcasting regulatory requirements
- Provide oversight of CRTC annual reporting requirements
- University degree
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and writing skills, as well as excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey complex ideas effectively
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently under stringent timeframes with great results
- Related experience, preferably within the broadcasting industry
- Understanding of BCE's broadcasting operations and service offerings
- Fluency in both official languages
- Experience in copyright tariff management
- Residing in Ottawa, Toronto or Montreal
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 07/08/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.