Req Id: 364446
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Bell Business Markets team enables the digital transformation of businesses and governments nationwide through solutions in areas including Internet and private networks, voice and unified communications, contact centre, security, Internet of Things, data centre and cloud. We're proud to be Canada's leading provider of broadband network and communication services for businesses and governments.
The Deal Pursuit & Execution Team is looking for a candidate that shines in leading cross functional teams to build and deliver winning, innovative solution proposals for Bell's largest and most sophisticated enterprise clients.
Our team has a distinctive role within the Bell Business Market organization as it focuses on leading highly customized and complex solutions for our clients through either solicited or unsolicited proposals by ensuring it meets our corporate standards and is reviewed and approved by our senior executive team. From the BCE Legal and Finance, to the IT, Network, Operation and Product teams, we have the opportunity of expending our network by collaborating daily with almost every cross-functional teams within Bell Canada.
The Deal Leader is responsible to lead a large team of stakeholders with the goal of successfully developing and selling complex Enterprise proposals that are deemed strategic to Bell Business Market's success. Proposals led by Deal Leaders are typically have a minimum of $5M in contract value, with some extending over $1B.
Submission Development Phase
- Review Customer's documentation, request for proposal (RFP) or internal documents and ensure a clear understanding of the business requirements, win themes and rated criteria.
- Work with the client & internal Bell teams to define, articulate and refine the client business requirements and functional specifications
- Develop, define & refine the opportunity strategy throughout the various presales lifecycles with support from a variety of subject matter experts.
- Drive and execute presales opportunities while balancing due diligence, issues, and risks mitigations to protect the company and achieve overall BBM objectives.
- Prepare, update, and communicate team, director and executive status reports on scheduling, impacts, and risks as required.
- Determine the optimum cost structure and challenge all suppliers (internal and external) to drive improved pricing/costing, margins, terms and conditions (in collaboration with Procurement, Legal, and Product).
- Work with Sales, Pricing, Finance, Product Management to determine a Win Strategy including economic parameters (e.g. client's budget, competitive pressures, winning criteria) and tailor the financial model for the specific deal.
- Work with Finance to compile, complete and validate data for the business case approval, challenge the data and assumptions (financials, risks & mitigations) to ensure Bell's financial targets are met or exceeded, while meeting the client's requirements.
- Ensure end-to-end solution aligns with client requirements; validate compliancy of solution to the requirements with stakeholders
- Ensure all deal risks (i.e., competitive, solution, delivery, operations, financials, legal and terms & conditions) are properly documented, mitigated, and approved.
- Preparing and presenting executive summaries to all levels of management (including executives) with the goal of informing, obtaining approvals as per Bell's internal governance processes.
Negotiation & Contract Phase
- Work with the client and Bell Legal and other internal groups to develop, negotiate and successfully finalize the client contract package.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Minimum 4 years' experience in the Telecommunications or Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) market, including knowledge of technologies, operations, competitive landscape, trends
- Extensive experience owning and successfully driving large complex projects,
- Experience leading a virtual matrixed team of diverse subject matter experts: e.g. Technical, Operations, Finance, Sales, etc. and championing projects.
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams effectively by maximizing each team member's abilities and skills.
- Experience identifying, quantifying, and mitigating risk.
- Well-organized, able to prioritize work in a dynamic environment – meeting changing business needs.
- Experience operating in a business-to-business environment.
- Demonstrated aptitude for high-quality problem-solving and decision-making – envisions the big picture while also paying attention to the important details.
- Strong collaboration skills, demonstrated ability to work with a variety of subject matter experts, understand conflicting viewpoints and facilitate a resolution.
- Experience in dealing with large Enterprise clients
- Ability to review and understand contractual / legal documentation and negotiate terms with the customer.
- Self-starter, capable of working under tight timelines, in a fast-paced environment and can prioritize and multitask with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to "think outside the box" and find innovative ways of resolving issues and delivering solutions within the project's constraints.
- Proven ability to build consensus and negotiate with internal and external teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – able to communicate complex concepts succinctly to a broad and varied audience, including senior executives, clients, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Sound analytical ability when dealing with financial, costing, pricing and contractual issues. Able to develop and work with complex commercial models.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
Preferred Qualifications & Experience :
- University Degree preferred (ideally Business or Engineering) or relevant experience in consulting, telecommunications or IT
- Trained and / or experience in well known presales methodologies such as Target Account Selling, Shipley or other
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Quebec City
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 09/29/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at i[email protected].
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.