Project & Compensation Specialist
Project & Compensation Specialist
New Brunswick Medical Society
Based in Fredericton the New Brunswick Medical Society (NBMS) is the voice of the medical profession in New Brunswick, providing province-wide representation and advocacy for all physicians. As the provincial division of the Canadian Medical Association, the NBMS exists to represent physicians and advocate for the health of New Brunswickers.
Reporting to the Manager, Negotiations and Physician Compensation, the Project & Compensation Specialist will play a key role in physician compensation and policy design, contract management, supporting and analyzing items related to health care economics for the New Brunswick Medical Society (the NBMS). This individual has a background in contract management, research and data analytics and will be responsible for conducting research, providing analysis, writing briefs and managing various projects and initiatives, as required. This individual will work independently and as part of a team to provide direction and advice in forecasting, estimating, interpretation and implementation of processes and practices related to physician compensation in New Brunswick.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties and responsibilities of the Project & Compensation Specialist are as follows
- project management, including implementation and coordination of negotiated initiatives
- prepare background/briefing documents on various health policy and economics issues, as required
- support committee and specialty section work through financial / statistical / demographic / policy analysis including fee relativity and overhead reviews
- conduct research, complete national scans, compile and analyze data to inform and support negotiations using the analysis of billing data and comparisons nationally
- data mining, including identifying data sources, manipulating, and analyzing data, weighing and assessing conflicting data points
- develop and nurture strong relationships with physician members as well as external partners including Regional Health Authorities, the Department of Health, WorkSafeNB and others
- use Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Excel in a proficient and advanced manner
- regularly conduct provincial and economic analysis outlining the short and long-term impact to the NBMS and physicians in general; and
- other Ad Hoc financial/policy analysis as required
Position Location and Hours of Work
This position is located in Fredericton, New Brunswick. You will be required to work beyond the normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. to accommodate client needs. However, after-work commitments are usually predictable and planned well in advance. The NBMS supports a hybrid working model.
- related post-secondary education in Business or Public Administration, Social Sciences, Health, Economics, Accounting or Engineering
- experience in analyzing and resolving compensation and or business/program issues, project management, and implementing change
- proven experience and success in conducting research, project management, communications, member relations and/or business development
- any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable with a minimum of 3 years of solid work experience
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- broad understanding of economic concepts. More specifically, physician compensation models across Canada, or the ability to quickly learn
- demonstrated ability to build strong collaborative relationships with a variety of different stakeholders, at times with conflicting mandates and interests
- strong Project Management Skills, including the ability to maintain multiple projects operating concurrently and to identify and anticipate risks and mitigation strategies
- working knowledge of the theories and practices of public policy and the workings of the Canadian and Provincial health care systems is an asset
- knowledge of physician remuneration mechanisms, contracts, and the provincially insured medical system and legislation is an asset
- written and spoken competence in English, French considered an asset
- effective communicator with excellent written and analytical skills, adept at presenting detailed factual and conceptual information on issues that require explanation and interpretation
- recognized for attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize deliverables.
- reliable, discrete, and conscientious
- effectively contribute fresh ideas and innovative solutions
- value a positive work culture and comradery with your colleagues
- ability to work hard and have fun
What can the New Brunswick Medical Society offer you?
- a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, health
- and dental plan, life insurance, long-term disability plan, and a matching RRSP contribution plan
- a positive and inclusive work culture
- career growth and development and continuous learning opportunities
- interesting, stimulating work with a professional membership
- meaningful involvement in shaping NB's health care system
How to apply?
- candidates are required to demonstrate on their resume how, when and where they have acquired the qualifications and skills required for this position
- please send a cover letter and resume in chronological order to Lisa LePage, Chief Operating Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org by December 10th, 2021
- only those selected for an interview will be contacted