General Manager – Larry’s Gulch Lodge
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
General Manager - Larry's Gulch Lodge
(January to December 2022, renewable)
Who we are
Join the New Brunswick Parks and Trails team! We have the opportunity to work in some of the most beautiful places that New Brunswick has to offer while providing meaningful and challenging work. Imagine being able to experience the beauty of the world-class Restigouche River every day!
The Trails, Fish and Wildlife unit works collaboratively with stakeholders and industry members to support, promote, and grow this sector while encouraging New Brunswickers and visitors to discover these outdoor activities and experiences.
What you will do
Reporting to the Trails, Fish and Wildlife Development Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of Larry's Gulch Lodge, the government-owned salmon fishing lodge located on the Restigouche River in Kedgwick and will assist in the implementation of the fish and wildlife sector development. The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing overall leadership and guidance to a team responsible for the operations of Larry's Gulch Lodge to ensure exceptional client experience and service delivery is provided.
- Overseeing all day-to-day operations and maintenance of the site, including reservations, payments and invoicing of clients.
- Conducting all financial functions and transactions, including monthly budget projections and expenditure control while ensuring profitability through budgetary adherence as well as identifying and coordinating capital projects.
- Managing human resources including all aspects of staffing, scheduling, recruiting, training, conflict resolution, collective agreement administration and performance management.
- Maintaining and following conservation standards for the Restigouche River.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders throughout the community.
- Assisting the Trails, Fish and Wildlife Development Manager with a strategic implementation to develop and elevate the experiences offered at the Lodge.
- Assisting the manager in the development and implementation of the Fish and Wildlife sector strategy.
- Liaising with government departments as it pertains to appropriate requirements for the fish and wildlife sector.
- Participating in fish and wildlife sector annual general meetings, government-led meetings and private meetings as the departmental representative,
- Any other duties as required.
- Must reside on site 24 hours a day from June 1 to September 15
- Variable and extended hours.
- We promote a scent-reduced environment.
Who you are
You are someone who values exceeding client expectations and have knowledge and experience in the salmon fishing and outdoor sectors. You are experienced in successfully operating a property and maintaining the financial viability. You must be a team player who can lead a team and are able to work remotely with minimal supervision. You also possess strong interpersonal, communication skills and are self-motivated.
Your skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Need to have
- A University degree and a minimum of five (5) years of related work experience which includes two (2) years of supervisory or management experience; or a post-secondary diploma of two (2) years in Business Administration, Hospitality and Tourism, Parks and Recreation or a related field and a minimum of seven (7) years of related work experience which includes two (2) years of supervisory or management experience.
- Considerable experience in using Microsoft Office 365 software and applications.
- Considerable experience and knowledge in the salmon fishing sector. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
Nice to have
- Experience in the fishing and wildlife industry.
- Experience in the tourism and hospitality industry.
- Experience in marketing and developing experiences.
- Experience in developing community partnerships and initiatives.
$2,218.00 to $3,097.00 bi-weekly (Pay Band 5). Room, board, and meals are provided as part of the remuneration package from June 1 to September 15.
What can GNB offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail at the following address indicating competition number R18-2021/22-1040. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Branch
Marysville Place, 4th floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
This competition will remain open until the position is filled.
Any candidate not currently employed in the New Brunswick Public Service will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine) in order to receive a job offer.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Let's connect. You belong here.