Junior or Intermediate Web Developer (03-2241)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. Then Atlantic Lottery may be a perfect fit!
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Junior or Intermediate Web Developer. Location is flexible within Atlantic Canada with occasional travel to Moncton, NB.
As the Junior or Intermediate Web Developer, you are responsible for the design, development, management, and adherence to best practices in development. You will have a solid understanding of the end-to-end solution and be able to participate and provide application designs for the related development parts of the solution and its integration points. Working within an Agile/Scrum development team, you deliver enterprise solution enhancements and new features to support the business need. You act as a technical resource for the technology stack in small to large scale projects as well as mentoring and supporting other team members while providing valuable input to continuous improvement and optimization efforts.
What we can expect from you:
- Working knowledge of software testing, and experience with software testing tools, regression testing etc.
- You have outstanding excellent communications and time management skills.
- Comfortable working within a Redhat/Linux server environments.
- Proactive self-starter who quickly learns new programming languages, techniques, and technologies.
- Experience documenting and producing full supporting documentation for all solutions.
- Problem solver with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; works well in high pressure situations.
- Result-oriented with an ability to multi-task, prioritize multiple initiatives and develop solutions where plans may not exist.
- Possess flexibility and have a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced and highly ambiguous work environment.
You should apply if you have the following:
- 1-3+ Years of related programming & development experience.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent technical training.
Awesome if you had:
- Experience in following technologies/concepts: OpenShift, Docker, NodeJS/NPM, Jenkins, CI/CD, Agile, automated testing, NGINX, API Gateway, API Marketplace, API monetization.
- Experience in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or other Content Management Systems (CMS) such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, LifeRay, OpenText, Gatsby, etc.
- Experience in lottery and/or gaming industry.
- Experience with the Java programming language.
- Experience with NodeJS or other modern JS frameworks (such as: React, Vue, Polymer).
- Experience with consuming web services (APIs), both REST and SOAP
- Experience creating web services in a .NET Core C# environment, both REST and SOAP
- Experience with relational database development, primarily MSSQL
- Understanding of networking concepts i.e. TCP/IP, DNS, Firewalls
- Experience with administration and shell scripting in a Linux environment
- Experience with using CI/CD automation, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines, etc.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting web servers, primarily NGINX+ & Apache
- Experience with Mobile development or interest in learning (Swift, Kotlin, Flutter, etc)
- Strong focus on secure coding and security controls i.e. HTTPS, firewall, authentication/authorization
- Strong focus on high-performance code in an asynchronous system
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability and wellness programs.
- Defined Pension Plan.
- 3 weeks of vacation allocated (pro-rated) & 12 paid statutory holidays in NB or 4 weeks of vacation allocated (pro-rated) plus one week of management leave (pro-rated).
- 3 personal leave days per year
- Bonus programs that includes annual performance & sales goals.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Recruitment Process: COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person.
Health and Safety: AL is committed to ensuring the health, safety, and wellbeing of our employees. Therefore, AL will require employees for whom the COVID-19 vaccine is authorized by Health Canada, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit either proof of COVID-19 vaccination or receive a valid exemption by Jan. 14, 2022.
Internal Employees: Internal Employees interested in this opportunity must be in "good standing," which entails meeting expectations on their previous performance review. Performance Improvement plans, disciplinary action memos, attendance, training and other performance related memos will be taken into consideration as well, when determining the applicant's "good standing" status.
Work With Us
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Now that you can work from anywhere, your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, you can choose to live and work in any of our four Atlantic provinces.
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility. #ProudtobeAL
Our Operating Principles help guide us;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? Simply press "Apply Now".
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Please note - Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.