Surgical Access Registry (SAR)
Any candidate not currently employed in the New Brunswick Public Service will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine.
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
SURGICAL ACCESS REGISTRY MANAGER
PAY BAND 5
The Department of Health is seeking an individual to join the Corporate Services and Francophone Affairs Division as a Surgical Access Registry Manager.
As a member of the Health Analytics team, the successful candidate will report to the Manager of Decision Support and will support the ongoing development and operation of the Surgical Access Registry (SAR).
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- providing technical and operational support to key users of the SAR;
- providing support to the Health Care Consultant within the Department of Health and to Access Managers within the Regional Health Authorities;
- collection, management, analysis and dissemination of data through planned and ad hoc reports;
- supporting and implementing data quality and improvement initiatives;
- project management associated with the technical development and refinement of the SAR, including the introduction of new software, data collection methods and reporting processes;
- provision of direction to technical support resources;
- overseeing the development and refinement of the provincial Surgical Wait Time website;
- providing day to day oversight related to the SAR, including compliance with privacy legislation;
- liaising with key stakeholders, including the Regional Health Authorities, the Canadian Institute of Health Information and other jurisdictions.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Master's Degree in Business or Health Administration, Health Information Management or a health related field supplemented by a minimum of four (4) years of progressive experience in the use of systems and applications for the collection, management and analysis of large health information data sets such as SAR and experience working in a Health Care setting or a Bachelor's Degree in Administration, Health Information Management or a health related field supplemented by a minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in the use of systems and applications for the collection, management and analysis of large health information data sets such as SAR and experience working in a Health Care setting. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability on your application.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that the preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate the following asset qualification:
- Project Management experience
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application the asset qualification in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Analytical Thinking and Judgement;
- Conceptual Thinking;
- Teamwork & Cooperation.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications;
- Records and Information Management.
Salary: $ 57,382 to $80,132 per annum
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at https://www.ere.gnb.ca/competition.aspx?lang=E&t=Y or by mail at the following address by October 23, 2021 indicating competition number DOH-21-0040. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Health
4th floor, 520 King Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 5G8
Telephone: (506) 453-4331
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!