Provincial Mobile Communication Center (PMCC) Dispatch Supervisor
Any candidate not currently employed in the New Brunswick Public Service will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine.
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Provincial Mobile Communication
Center (PMCC) Dispatch Supervisor
Administrative Services Level 5
Radio Communications Branch
Who we are?
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure's mission is to contribute to New Brunswick's economy and quality of life by providing and supporting sustainable infrastructure that allows for the safe and efficient movement of people, goods and government services to the public. Not only is the department responsible for managing over 18,000 kilometers of provincial highways, it also manages the planning, design and construction of hospitals, schools and other government buildings.
The Radio Communications Branch is responsible for the provision of Radio Communications services for all government departments and agencies. The Branch provides contract management of the New Brunswick Trunked Mobile Radio (NBTMR) system, the province's P25 Digital Public Safety Grade Radio System. The NBTMR provides mission critical services to various Provincial/Federal and Municipal stakeholders.
What you will do?
Reporting to the Assistant Director of the Provincial Mobile Communication Center (PMCC), the Shift Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day leadership and management of the PMCC communication dispatch unit, including assignment of work, leave management, identify training needs, provide ongoing coaching and support, performance evaluations and effectively address disciplinary issues.
- Ensure adequate coverage for shifts by assessing needs, addressing attendance issues and determining overtime requirements.
- Receive, investigate and assist in complaint resolution from internal and external customers.
- Assist the PMCC Assistant Director with annual budget preparation and analysis.
- Maintain and enhance professional working relationships with private sector technology providers, provincial 911 representatives and first responder communities.
- Office location: 1050 College Hill Road, Fredericton
- All operators required to work various shifts on both a scheduled and on call basis
- You will be part of the Branch's emergency response team which is mobilized during times of emergencies and extreme weather events. You must have the ability to report to the Fredericton regional radio office within one (1) hour of being called.
- We promote a scent-reduced environment.
Who you are?
Key behavioural competencies
- Team Leadership
- Developing Others
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Graduation from high school or GED
- Minimum of a one (1) year post-secondary diploma in a related field.
- Minimum of six (6) years' experience including a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
- Experience in a highly stressful environment with strong multitasking abilities.
- Successful candidates will be required to attain Secret Level Security clearance classification.
- Any candidate not currently employed in the New Brunswick Public Service will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, or a valid medical exemption.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French is required. Please state your language capability.
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
- Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
- Please ensure that your preferred language of assessment is identified in your résumé.
- Knowledge and experience with Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD)
- Experience in Public Safety Environment
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure offers:
- Meaningful work and the opportunity to support New Brunswickers in times of need.
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
SALARY: $1,850 to $2,246.00 bi-weekly, based on 36.25 hours per week
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply?
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address by November 2, 2021 indicating competition number 2021-D31-02. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Human Resources Branch
P. O. Box 6000, Fredericton NB E3B 5H1
Telephone: (506) 453-3939
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Let's connect. You belong here.