PLEASE NOTE: As of Sept 7, 2021 - Any candidate not currently employed in the New Brunswick Public Service will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine) within 45 days of hire, as a condition of employment.
Service New Brunswick
Administrative Services Level 3 / Officer
Service New Brunswick is seeking an individual to join the Registries Branch as an Officer working in Fredericton.
Reporting to the Manager of Operations of Corporate Registry, the Officer will be responsible to provide over-the-phone services to the public using a variety of computerized databases in accordance to related legislation, policies and procedures. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- efficiently and effectively assessing the needs of clients and responding to their requests
- responding to inquiries received by phone and email in a timely manner
- accessing and processing corporate registry forms
- updating databases
- preparing correspondence for incomplete files and outlining requirements in accordance with all relevant Acts and regulations
- processing payments, cash handling and balancing
- solving problems using resources including online manuals and guides and, when appropriate, escalating concerns
- collecting, compiling, and tracking data for statistical reports
- performing other related tasks as required
- providing administrative support to the Manager as well as the Director on various projects
Please ensure that you indicate the competition number R85-2021/22-396 when applying.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from High School supplemented by the completion of a one-year (1) related post-secondary diploma and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience, including experience in the administration of policies and procedures as well as significant customer service experience; OR Graduation from High School supplemented by a two-year (2) related post-secondary diploma and a minimum of two (2) years of related experience, including experience in the administration of policies and procedures as well as significant customer service experience. Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate:
- experience explaining complex procedures to clients
- experience working with confidential information
- experience working with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
Some weekday evenings and weekend work hours may be required.
Candidates will be required to undergo Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Written Communication
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $38, 272 - $46, 410 annually - Administrative Services Level 3 - Administrative Assistants, Clerical and Regulatory, Office, Data Processing and Duplicating Equipment Operation
We strongly encourage you to submit your application via the online portal https://www.ere.gnb.ca/competition.aspx?lang=E&t=Y, by using the "Apply Online" button, to increase the efficiency and maintain a consistent candidate experience. Please ensure your application is complete by October 20, 2021 and indicate competition number R85-2021/22-396.
In the unlikely event that you experience technical difficulties or are unable to complete your application online, you can submit your application documents to email@example.com or by mail at the below address.
Service New Brunswick
850 Lincoln Rd
PO Box 1998
Fredericton, NB E3B 4Z7
Telephone: (506) 457-3580
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!