Permanent Full Time
The New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission (NBLASC) is seeking an individual to join the Corporate Services Branch in Fredericton as a Financial Officer.
Who we are:
The NBLASC provides legal assistance to low-income individuals and is a crucial part of a fair and equitable justice system. We are committed to access to justice and we advocate for our clients' rights.
The Corporate Services Branch provides leadership in the planning, development and implementation of a full range of financial, human resources, and administrative strategies, policies and services. Corporate Services staff are also responsible for statistical reporting, payroll, and accounts payable processing and record keeping.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Financial administration including transaction processing (payables, receivables, journal entries, etc.) and ad hoc financial analysis;
- Budget and financial analysis;
- Preparation of confidential reports to management and Board of Directors;
- Data analysis, support and statistical reporting for case management system;
- Reconciliation of asset and liability accounts;
- Bank deposits and bank reconciliation;
- Preparation of the Commission's annual report and other external reporting;
- Other related projects and duties as assigned.
Need to have (Essential qualifications and skills):
- Completion of 1-year post-secondary training in a related discipline;
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
PLEASE NOTE: As of September 7, 2021, any candidate not currently employed in the New Brunswick Public Service will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine) within 45 calendar days of their commencement date otherwise their employment will cease.
Nice to have (Asset qualifications):
- Budgeting and forecasting experience;
- Demonstrated experience with case management, database management and analysis;
- High level of proficiency with office technology and MS Suite (Word, Excel, etc.).
Who you are
You possess the following competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgement
- Information Seeking
- Concern for Order
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
$1,604 - $1,948 biweekly - NBLASC Administrative Series II
What can NBLASC offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package including various leave provisions and the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan
- Access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Paid Vacation benefits
Applicants interested in this opportunity must send their resume by October 22, 2021 to:
New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission
Att: Human Resources
FINANCIAL OFFICER, FREDERICTON
500 Beaverbrook Court Suite 501
Fredericton, NB, E3B 5X4
Or by email: HR-NBLASC.RH-CSAJNB@GNB.CA
*State "Financial Officer, Fredericton" in your email
Note: This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!
Let's Connect. You belong here.