NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 1 year)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Regular hours - 37.5 hours per week.
After-hours and weekend calls are shared among all members of the Department.
The Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre (UHC), in Moncton, New Brunswick, is seeking to recruit one temporary full-time pediatrician. The successful candidate will enjoy great clinical independence in the diagnosis, care and treatment of medical problems within their field of specialization. They will exercise independent judgment, provide outpatient services and act as a consultant with other physicians. In summary, they will be responsible for providing pediatric care to the population in the Moncton/Beauséjour region and may be required to do some locum work in the Northwest Zone as needed. They are also expected to participate in teaching medical and psychiatry students and residents.
This is professional medical work performed by certified specialists (those with a specialty certification as recognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of NB). Duties are performed with considerable clinical independence in the diagnosis, care and treatment of medical disorders within the scope of the specialty in which they are practicing. Work is performed with independent judgment, but findings and observations may be subject to supervision and assessment by the physician's Clinical (Program) Department Head / Chief of Service / Program Director in which the physicians works. Review of work may also be supervised by the local and regional Chiefs of Staff and the zone's Medical Director for the Regional Health Authority (RHA). The physician works within the accordance of the RHA Bylaws.
- Degree from a recognized medical school and postgraduate university degree in the field of specialization (Pediatrics);
- Certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPC);
- Eligible for a licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The remuneration is based on a salary model with benefits.
- Moving expenses allowance.
- This job is also posted on NBhealthjobs.
- For more information about Vitalite Health Network, please visit the Network's website.
- For more information about the community, please visit the City of Moncton's website.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.