Service New Brunswick
ASL3 / Financial Officer
Service New Brunswick is seeking individuals to join the Print & Postal division as a Financial Officer with Print and Postal at the Hilton Road Complex in Fredericton.
As the Financial Officer, the successful candidate will work closely with members of Print and Postal Services to ensure timely and accurate processing of invoices and preparing monthly excel reports. The position plays a critical role in delivery of print and postal services to all GNB departments and affiliated agencies.
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Prepare monthly print and postal volume and financial reports using established internal systems
- Use NBON, Oracle and other corporate financial tools to create and manage requisitions and to track expenses and recoveries
- Order print and postal supplies and prepare all related requisitions and invoices
- Review Print and Postal Monthly Budget Reports
- Ensure requisitions and invoices are coded to the proper accounts
- Ensure all accounts payable charges are correct
- Direct incoming phone calls and front desk visitors
- Play an active role on the Print and Postal administrative management team
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives to promote the efficiency of Print and Postal Services
- Excels at customer and inter-personal relations
- All P-CARD related purchases
- Other duties as assigned
Please ensure that you indicate the competition number R85-2021/22-430 when applying.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma and a one-year postsecondary diploma in a related area (Business, Administration or Office Management). An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate:
- Experience using NBON /Oracle or Digital Store Front.
- Experience in financial account management such as budgeting and processing invoices.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: The following operational requirement(s) is also required:
- This position may require limited flexibility in working hours, with occasional weekday evening work.
- Candidates will be required to undergo Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Client Service Orientation
- Organizational Commitment
- Results Orientation
TECHNICAL COMPTENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications
- Knowledge of GNB's Fiscal Environment (GNB Coding, NBON and Oracle Invoice Payment Systems.)
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $38, 272 - $46, 410 annually - Administrative Services Level 3 - Administrative Assistants, Clerical and Regulatory, Office, Data Processing and Duplicating Equipment Operation
We strongly encourage you to submit your application via the online portal: https://www.ere.gnb.ca/competition.aspx?lang=E&t=Y by using the "Apply Online" button, to increase the efficiency and maintain a consistent candidate experience. Please ensure your application is complete by October 6, 2021 indicating competition number R85-2021/22-430.
In the unlikely event that you experience technical difficulties or are unable to complete your application online, you can submit your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the below address.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Service New Brunswick
850 Lincoln Rd
PO Box 1998
Fredericton, NB E3B 4Z7
Telephone: (506) 457-3580
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: As of September 7, 2021 - Any candidate not currently employed in the New Brunswick Public Service will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine) within 45 days of hire, as a condition of employment.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!