Corporate Legal Assistant - Moncton
Our Moncton Office has an immediate opening for a Corporate Legal Assistant. Position is permanent, full-time.
Cox & Palmer is a full-service, "Award Winning" Atlantic Canadian law firm with the knowledge and experience clients rely on for solid legal solutions. The firm prides itself on a collegial work atmosphere and supportive team environment. We hire self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service. At Cox & Palmer, our support staff are an essential part of our team effort to deliver outstanding service to our clients.
- Maintain detailed and accurate client and administrative files;
- Draft a wide range of legal documents and correspondence;
- Experience in corporate reorganizations, incorporations, review and updates of corporate minute books, sale/purchases of shares/assets, preparation and filing of various forms with the Corporate Registry;
- Meet deadlines, ability to multi-task and reprioritize;
- Have the ability to problem solve with minimal supervision;
- Proofread, data entry, photocopy, and other office related duties;
- Establish and maintain a calendar and reminder system; and
- All tasks must be performed with a high degree of detail and accuracy.
- Spoken and written proficiency in English is a must;
- 2 + years of corporate legal assistant experience;
- Legal Assistant or Paralegal diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft applications and typing skills;
- Excellent proofreading, spelling and grammar skills. Excellent analytical skills, detail oriented; and
- Superior organizational abilities and time management.
Work With Us
Cox & Palmer provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits:
- 100% Employer paid premiums for individual or family health and dental benefits;
- Pension with matching employer contribution;
- Employee assistance program; and
- Annual Health & Wellness allowance.
This position will remain posted until successfully filled. Qualified candidates who are interested in this position should send a covering letter and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Human Resources | Cox & Palmer