Financial Trust Officer – Bilingual
Public Trustee Services
Financial Trust Officer - Bilingual
The New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission (NBLASC) is seeking an individual to join the Public Trustee Branch in Fredericton as a Financial Trust Officer.
Who we are:
The NBLASC provides legal assistance to low-income individuals and is a crucial part of a fair and equitable justice system. We are committed to access to justice and we advocate for our clients' rights.
Public Trustee Services protects the financial and personal interests of adults who need support due to a mental or physical incapacity, administers the estates of deceased and missing persons, protects the financial interests of children, and the legal interests of incompetent persons.
What you will do:
Your role is the day-to-day management and administration of the financial affairs of clients and your responsibilities include:
- Managing clients' assets and liabilities, and income and expenses;
- Securing, protecting, and liquidating client assets;
- Preparing annual income tax and trust returns on behalf of clients;
- Working with the Guardianship and Legal teams to facilitate client service;
- Working with third party service providers, provincial and federal government agencies, community partners, clients and client family members, to facilitate client service;
- Conducting annual financial reviews of client finances to ensure financial obligations can be met;
- Assisting with preparation of financial schedules.
Need to have (Essential qualifications and skills):
- Pay Band 3
University Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Pay Band 4
University Degree in Business Administration or in a related field and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in a financial position.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: As of September 7, 2021, any candidate not currently employed in the New Brunswick Public Service will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine) within 45 calendar days of their commencement date otherwise their employment will cease.
Nice to have (Asset qualifications):
- Experience with financial matters, personal income tax preparation, estates/trusts, financial analysis, financial planning, etc.;
- High proficiency in office technology and MS Office Suite.
Who you are
You possess the following competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgement;
- Information Seeking;
- Effective Interactive Communication;
- Client Service Orientation;
- Relationship/Network building;
- Teamwork and Cooperation.
$45,656 - $63,778 per year - Pay Band 3 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
$50,128 - $70,070 per year - Pay Band 4 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
What can NBLASC offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package including various leave provisions and the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan
- Access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Paid Vacation benefits
Applicants interested in this opportunity must send their resume by September 30, 2021 to:
New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission
Att: Human Resources
FINANCIAL TRUST OFFICER COMPETITION
500 Beaverbrook Court Suite 501
Fredericton, NB, E3B 5X4
Or by email: HR-NBLASC.RH-CSAJNB@GNB.CA
*State "Financial Trust Officer Competition" in your email
Note: This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!
Let's Connect. You belong here.