Human Resources Consultant
Department of Justice and Public Safety
Human Resources Consultant PB4
Flexible Location within New Brunswick
Who we are :
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The department of Justice and Public Safety's mission is to provide an integrated approach to a safe, secure New Brunswick.
As a strategic busines partner, the Human Resources branch is responsible for providing end to end HR support to over 1800 clients located across the province who represent a variety of different business streams and services including, the Office of the Attorney General, Justice and Legal Services, Technical Safety and Corporate Services, Community Safety and Security and Emergencies.
What you will do:
As a member of the Human Resources team, you will be responsible to provide operational support to a defined set of client groups within JPS. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Employee and labour relations
- Classification and compensation
- Recruitment and Talent Acquisition
- Attendance management and support
- Performance management
- Participate in labour management meetings, adjudications, and collective bargaining process
- Guide and support managers on various employee relations matters such as grievances, employee misconduct, respectful workplace investigations, leave management, Human Rights
- Other related duties, programs and special projects as assigned.
Who you are:
You are open to new challenges, solution-oriented and able to work within a fast-paced team environment. You enjoy being part of a collaborative team working towards common goals. You are concerned for the safety and wellbeing of New Brunswickers.
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Behavioral competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Results Orientation
- Team Work and Cooperation
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Impact and Influence
- Analytical Thinking/Judgement
Technical competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Human Resources Management
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, policies and procedures
- Consulting Skills
- Planning and Organizing Skills
Need to have: (essential qualifications)
- You possess a bachelor's degree and a minimum of four (4) years of related work experience some of which could include transferable skills such as supervisory or management experience.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required, please state your language capability
Candidates must demonstrate on their applications how they have acquired the education and experience for this position. Your résumé should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment
Nice to have: (asset qualifications)
- CHRP designation (Certified Human Resources Professional)
- Experience in employee/labour relations
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
This position may require some travel within the province.
PLEASE NOTE As of Sept 7, 2021, any candidate not currently employed in the New Brunswick Public Service will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine) in order to receive a job offer.
- PB4: $49,608 - $69,394 annually
What can GNB offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- 1 paid Volunteer Day per year to give back to your community.
- 1.25 days/month of paid vacation
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health & safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health & Safety.
Are you interested?
Come work with us!
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca, by mail at the following address or by email at by September 26, 2021 indicating competition number R78-2021-22-698. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Justice and Public Safety
Human Resource Services
20 McGloin St.
3rd floor, Marysville Place
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB
Tel: (506) 453-2719
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!
We look forward to hearing from you!