Senior Python Developer
Mariner Partners in Toronto, ON
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
Mariner Innovations is seeking a Senior Python Developerto help develop our high growth Telecom practice. The successful candidate will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- University degree in software engineering/computer science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in Python development
- Experience with OSS systems including architecture, engineering, development and testing.
- Knowledge of Python best practices
- Strong understanding of API integration, microservices architecture, and web service methods (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON).
- Experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with Kafka
- Develop, test, deploy and support new solutions using the Agile/Scrum approach
- Knowledge of database technologies: Oracle, SQL
- Delivers under pressure with excellent time management skills and prioritization.
- A team player and change enabler with a positive forward thinking mindset.
- Fully versed in all office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Leadership or mentoring experience is considered an asset
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!