Administrative Assistant Level 3
Administrative Assistant Level 3
Department of Environment and Local Government
(Current and future opportunities)
Who we are
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The Department of Environment and Local Government (ELG) is seeking a dynamic and self starter Administrative Assistant to join the Corporate Services and Community Funding Division.
The Corporate Services and Community Funding Division provides departmental corporate services including finance and administration, human resource management, information management, performance excellence, legal affairs and administers community funding administration.
What you will do?
As a member of the Corporate Services and Community Funding Division, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing a wide range of secretarial and administrative support. The successful candidate will be responsible for responding to telephone inquiries, coordinating translation requests, mail sorting, photocopying, coordinating various meetings, filing, formatting documents such as letters, briefing notes, presentations, guidelines, policies and procedures and other duties as required.
- Office location: 20 McGloin (Marysville Place), Fredericton.
- Office layout: cubicles
- Standard hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8:15-4:30 (office schedule)
- We promote a scent-reduced environment.
Who you are
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
- High school diploma or GED, supplemented by a minimum of a one (1) year post-secondary program in Office Administration, or in a related field and a minimum of three (3) years of related work experience. Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in French and English is required for the current position, depending on applications received, written and spoken competence in English could also be considered for the current and future opportunities. Please state your language capability.
PLEASE NOTE: As of September 7, 2021 any candidate not currently employed in the New Brunswick Public Service will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine) in order to receive a job offer.
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
- Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
- Please ensure that your preferred language of assessment is identified in your resume.
- Client Service Orientation;
- Effective Interactive Communication;
- Concern for Order;
- Result Orientation.
- Ability to use Office Technology, Software and Applications;
- Planning and Organizing Skills;
- Records and Information Management.
$1,472.00 to $1,785.00 bi-weekly, based on 36.25 hours per week
The Department of Environment and Local Government Offers:
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, optional health and dental plans, Life Insurance, and participation in the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan;
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Free Parking and recreational trails. (at Marysville Place)
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services
- 1 paid Volunteer Day per year to give back to your community;
- A departmental social committee; and
- A fitness facility (at Marysville Place) for employees at low cost.
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health & safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health & safety.
How to apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, we encourage applicants to apply on-line at: https://www.ere.gnb.ca or by email to HR-RH.ELG-EGL@gnb.ca by September 17, 2021.
Department of Environment and
P.O. Box 6000
Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!
Let's connect. You belong here.