Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
TD Finance is an integral and trusted partner to businesses across the Bank, made-up of diverse teams, strengths and capabilities contributing to TD's overall success. Together, TD Finance helps the Bank make smart business decisions, ensure regulatory compliance and financial reporting accuracy and guard the integrity of TD's business processes, drive efficiencies with external suppliers and manage TD's global real estate portfolio.
About Finance Operations
The Finance Operations (FinOps) center, located in Greater Moncton, New Brunswick, is an integral part of the Finance organization, delivering efficient finance services with a commitment to operational excellence. We are a diverse team of enthusiastic and dedicated professionals who want to make a difference with TD. Our goal is to attract a broad talent pool of experienced Finance operations personnel and post-secondary graduates, which reflect the diversity of TD and its customers. The centre resides in TD's Corporate Office located at Cadillac Fairview's CF Champlain shopping centre in Dieppe.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of TD's Finance organization as a key member of the Accounting or Reporting Operations department with a variety of roles. Some will give the responsibility for performing a range of day-to-day general accounting operations or finance reporting operations activities and other roles that will provide support to our Accounting and Reporting operations team from a system and data maintenance perspective.
Accounting and Finance operations Role Accountabilities:
Member of a high performing team of Finance professionals responsible to perform general accounting and Finance reporting functions, which may include:
- Gathering of manual and system generated data to prepare, review and post journal entries and required transactions
- Preparation and review account reconciliations
- Performing a variety of accounting functions which may include cost accounting, inter and intra segment allocations, tax and fixed asset accounting
- Production and preparation of Financial, Regulatory or Management Reporting for business lines, including data gathering, cleansing and validation
- Reporting for TDBG Financial Statements which may include Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A), Supplemental Information, or certain Capital Reporting
- Supporting key stakeholders for reporting needs and requirements
- Analysis and investigation of financials
- Execute existing process controls and implement new controls as needed
- Deliver quality service; achieve performance goals such as SLAs and KPIs, in a transformative and changing environment
- Identify operational problems and escalates issues as required
- Strive for operational excellence through ongoing process improvements
- Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends, and understand regulatory requirements
- Maintain knowledge of the processes
- Contribute to a positive team environment
Accounting and Finance operations Role Requirements
- College Diploma, Undergraduate or Graduate degree in business, , accounting or a related discipline.
- Strong finance acumen - understanding the business and related processes
- Solid understanding of the financial and accounting standards applicable to financial institutions
- Good analytical skills and challenges the status quo
- Ability to assess risk, issues and challenge the status quo
- Adept at using productivity tools and end-user software (such as MS Office suite)
- Good communicator who engages colleagues, business partners and external stakeholders
- Ability to stay resilient under pressure and during times of change
- Works effectively in teams and with multiple partners
- Robust organizational skills with the ability to work in a demanding environment and handle multiple deadlines and priorities
- Has sound judgement and decision-making abilities
TD is proud to support colleagues with their continuing professional development, including but not limited to their pursuit of professional designations such as CPA and CFA.
Please note that the line of business that you are assigned to may require specific skills not mentioned in this posting.
We welcome candidates who are bilingual (English/French) and speak other languages. English is the primary language used in FinOps, and therefore, we request cover letters and resumes to be submitted in English.Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.