Regional Manager - Child Psychiatry
Competition #: 1-15922 EXT
Salary: $66,664 to $88,686
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr.-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Child psychiatry
CLASSIFICATION : Regional Manager - Child Psychiatry
STATUS : Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Reporting to the Director of Youth Services, the Regional Manager of Child Psychiatry is responsible for managing the operations of the Child Psychiatry sector and the Child Psychiatry clinical team in Zone 1B. The incumbent is also be responsible for managing the regional Child Psychiatry Program; they must ensure the organization and harmonization of the clinical model for secondary care Youth Services within Vitalité Health Network.
The daily management of employees and the budget of zones 4, 5 and 6 is handled through a matrix management system with the nurse managers of the psychiatry units in zones 4, 5 and 6.
JOB SUMMARY :
- Undergraduate degree in health sciences;
- Member in good standing of a professional association;
- Minimum of five years of clinical experience in mental health, preferably with youth/adolescents;
- Strong experience in managing human, financial and physical resources;
- Experience in program development considered an asset;
- Good knowledge of mental health legislation;
- Excellent leadership, high level of initiative, and sound judgment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities among multiple tasks;
- Ability to use the computer tools common throughout the health network;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.