Finance Operations Analyst - Accounting & Regulatory Reporting
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
The Finance Operations (FinOps) Center, located in Greater Moncton, New Brunswick, is an integral part of TD Finance, delivering finance services with a commitment to operational excellence.
Since opening our doors in January 2019, we've remained focused on building and developing a diverse team of enthusiastic and dedicated professionals who are committed to making a difference in both the lives of our customers and their own. In attracting a broad range of experienced finance operations professionals and post-secondary graduates, we hope to reflect the vibrant diversity of TD and its valued customers.
TD Finance is an integral and trusted partner to businesses across the Bank, made-up of diverse teams, strengths and capabilities contributing to TD's overall success. Together, TD Finance helps the Bank make smart business decisions, ensure regulatory compliance and financial reporting accuracy and guard the integrity of TD's business processes, drive efficiencies with external suppliers and manage TD's global real estate portfolio.
Our core Finance teams help to make TD the Better Bank by working together to deliver insightful advice, meaningful reporting and professional operations The TD Finance operating model is comprised of three main parts:
- Finance Operations - a centralized team performing a range of services such as general accounting, reporting, and transaction processing on behalf of Finance and the Enterprise
- Business Partner - perform analytics and provide advice to the business to support strategy and decision-making
- Specialized Functions - providing domain or knowledge-based expertise to the Enterprise
We will be offering a variety of Analyst roles from junior to intermediate, and some senior.
Analysts at TD Bank Group contribute to the overall reputation of TD and are expected to collaborate as appropriate with TD partners, to deliver superior results in both the short and long term.
Key member of one of our high performing teams of finance professionals responsible to perform general accounting and finance reporting functions, which may include:
- Production and preparation of regulatory reporting including Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A), Supplemental Information, or certain Capital Reporting
- Experience with interpreting the guidelines applying GAAP principals
- Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements
- Collect/cleanse/validate manual and system generated data for reporting
- Strong technical skills: Advanced MS Excel
- Preparation and review account reconciliations
- Supporting key stakeholders for reporting needs and requirements
- Analysis and investigation of financials.
- Execute existing process controls and implement new controls as needed
- Deliver quality service; achieve performance goals such as SLAs and KPIs, in a transformative and changing environment
- Ability to problem solve: trace issues to the source and address discrepancies, and be able to escalate to appropriate partners for assistance.
- Strive for operational excellence through ongoing process improvements
- Maintain knowledge of the end-to-end processes,
- Experience working with multiple large data sources
Experience:LevelEducationMin Years ExperienceJuniorCollege/ University0-2+IntermediateCollege/University2-5+SeniorUniversity6+
Specific Educational Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in accounting or finance
- Professional Accreditation such as CPA, CFA or post graduate degree would be an asset
- Strong finance acumen - understanding the business and related processes
- Strong understanding of the financial and accounting standards applicable to financial institutions
- Good analytical skills in assessing risk, issues and challenging the status quo
- Strong Excel skills and ability to manage large datasets; proficient with finance systems, common productivity tools and end-user software
- Good communicator who engages colleagues, business partners and external stakeholders
- Ability to stay resilient under pressure and during times of change
- Works effectively in teams and with multiple partners
- Ability to work in a demanding environment and handle deadlines and priorities
- Has sound judgement and decision-making abilities
As with any role in the accounting industry, heavy scheduling periods are expected during the busy times of month end, quarter end and year end. During these periods, additional hours are expected of some roles across our teams. Successful candidates have the opportunity to participate in a voluntary modified scheduling arrangement where they may elect to work up to 12 scheduled hours per day during these peak periods, with specific consecutive days off scheduled over a less busy period of the month. The Hiring Manager will share examples of a voluntary modified schedule for candidates who are interested.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.